Add this to your list of meals to make when you have few ingredients, no desire to go to the grocery store, and no time to chop, stir, and cook. It’s the easiest weeknight meal! Just 3 ingredients. A jar of salsa verde, chicken breasts, and shredded cheese. Just pop in the oven and go about your life for a 40 minutes. Simple, but delicious.
To begin, we just place some chicken breast pieces in a baking dish. Next, we pour over our salsa verde. You’ll use one 15-ounce jar.
After baking the chicken and salsa verde until the chicken is almost fully cooked. Then we remove from the oven and sprinkle on the shredded cheese of choice. My favorites for this are mozzarella, monterey jack, or pepper jack for a little kick. Then back into the oven to finish cooking the chicken and to allow the cheese to get niiiiiiiice and melted.
For a complete meal, I like to serve this with some rice (or quinoa) and some beans for an added fiber and protein boost. The rice is great to soak up all that salsa verde. Are you drooling yet?
When you taste how good this Salsa Verde Chicken Bake is, you won’t believe how easy it is! Just 3 ingredients – chicken, salsa verde, and cheese. Great served with some rice and beans for a complete meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (cut in half or thirds)
- 15oz jar salsa verde
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (mozarella, monterey jack, or pepper jack)
- 1 cup rice or quinoa (cooked according to package directions. Optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 1 1/2 – 2 quart baking dish, place the chicken breast pieces. Pour over the salsa verde and make sure the chicken is evenly covered. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is about 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to the oven to finish cooking. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with cooked rice or quinoa and enjoy 🙂
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican