When you taste how good this Salsa Verde Chicken Bake is, you won’t believe how easy it is! Just 3 ingredients – chicken, salsa verde, and cheese. Great served with some rice and beans for a complete meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (cut in half or thirds)
- 15oz jar salsa verde
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (mozarella, monterey jack, or pepper jack)
- 1 cup rice or quinoa (cooked according to package directions. Optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 1 1/2 – 2 quart baking dish, place the chicken breast pieces. Pour over the salsa verde and make sure the chicken is evenly covered. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is about 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to the oven to finish cooking. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with cooked rice or quinoa and enjoy 🙂
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican