It’s Farmer’s Market season which means it’s also zucchini season! My favorite thing about zucchini is because the flavor is mild it’s incredibly versatile. There’s a reason it’s often a go to carb substitution. A great example is how zoodles with bolognese has taken off like crazy. You can find my go to recipe for the low carb pasta fix here. But let’s think outside of the zoodle box… enter zucchini boats!
We’re stuffing our zucchini boats with a simple mixture of ground chicken and hot sauce. We also stir in the diced up centers of the zucchini into the mixture. No food waste here 🙂
Just 4 ingredients – 5 if you count the olive oil 🙂 – make these a perfect easy and affordable weeknight meal.
These low carb stuffed zucchini boats use just 4 ingredients and have all the flavors of buffalo chicken that you love, with none of the guilt.
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low moisture mozerella
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and the insides of the zucchinis. Place the zucchini halves in a 9×13 baking dish. Roughly dice the scooped out insides.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Allow the oil to heat. Add the ground chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 5-8 minutes. Breaking up the chicken as it cooks. When the chicken is cooked through add the diced zucchini insides and the hot sauce. Stir together to combine.
- Carefully scoop the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tops. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes. After the time is up, remove the foil and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to ensure the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American