Man, do I have an easy holiday (or any time of year) dessert for you. These Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters are only 4 ingredients and the perfect combo of salty and sweet. They keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks so they are perfect to have on hand for last minute holiday visitors or an easy holiday party treat. Can you really go wrong when the 4 ingredients are almonds, chocolate, sea salt, and sugar?! I think not.
We start by toasting the almonds. Don’t skip this step. No matter how tempting it may be. Toasting the almonds first adds SO MUCH flavor. And toasting is really very easy. Just place the almonds in one layer on a lined baking sheet and toast for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven. I like to stir them around and give them a little shake halfway through to ensure even toasting.
Next, we melt our chocolate. You can use the semisweet or bittersweet chocolate of your choice. I like to use Baker’s, Ghirardelli, or even the Trader Joe’s Pounds Plus Bar. Go ahead and melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you’re using the microwave, do so carefully. Chocolate can burn very, very quickly. So it’s best to microwave in 30 second chunks, stirring in between. Once all melted and smooth, just stir in your toasted almonds. Now, try to refrain from just eating this combination with a spoon..
Now let’s make the cluster. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate covered almonds on a lined baking sheet. Go ahead and make the clusters as big or as small as you’d like. Anything works! Then we immediately sprinkle with a little sea salt and turbinado sugar (to get that salty and sweet combo). YUM!
Finally, set aside to allow the chocolate to set (I like to place in the fridge to really speed things up). The clusters can then be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. These are PERFECT to have on hand throughout the holiday season. Just pull some out for last minute visitors or a quick and easy holiday party treat.
These Sea Salt Chocolate Almond Clusters are only 4 ingredients and the perfect salty and sweet treat. Make a batch and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks to have a go-to treat throughout the holiday season. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com.
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- sea salt (for sprinkling)
- raw turbinado sugar (for sprinkling)
- Start by toasting the almonds. Preheat the oven to 300°F. On a parchment lined (or silicone mat) baking sheet, spread the almonds in an even layer. Toast for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Stirring halfway through. Remove an set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. To melt in the microwave, heat chocolate in 30 second intervals stirring in between each interval. Be careful, as the chocolate can burn easily.
- Stir the almonds into the melted chocolate. Spoon into clusters on parchment or wax paper (or silicone mat) lined baking sheets. You can make the clusters as big or as small as you would like.
- Immediately sprinkle the clusters with a little sea salt and turbinado sugar. Set aside to allow chocolate to set. I like to put the baking sheets in the refrigerator to help the process.
The clusters can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
My chocolate of choice is Bakers, Ghirardelli, or the Trader Joe’s Pound Plus bar.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American