- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Sesame Seeds, to sprinkle on
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2–1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch, for slurry
- 3 tablespoons cold water, for slurry
- Bread Chicken – Set up the breading stations by beating the eggs in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, mix together the flour and cornstarch. Bread the chicken pieces by dredging first in the flour mixture, then the egg, and one more time in the flour. Repeat with all chicken and set aside.
- Add to Air Fryer – Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add chicken pieces in an even layer. You may need to cook in two batches. Spray the chicken with cooking spray, give the basket a shake, and spray again. The idea is to coat all the sides in the oil spray. This prevents sticking and gets them extra crispy.
- Air Fry – Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, until cooked through (170 degrees F internal temp). I like to give the basket a shake after 5 or 6 minutes.
- Make Orange Sauce – While the chicken is cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a small pot and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat and add the cornstarch slurry. Simmer until the sauce thickens – about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Toss Chicken in Sauce – Toss the cooked chicken in the sauce to evenly coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve and Enjoy! Serve immediately with sides of your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Air Fryer Orange Chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Recipe, Crispy Orange Chicken