Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars have the same cookie flavor that we love, but thicker, chewier, and easier to make. No need to scoop the dough. Just mix in one bowl, spread into a dish, and bake. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks. Chopped.)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13inch baking dish and line with parchment paper (this makes it easy to lift the bars out for cutting).
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and almond butter. Melting in 30 second intervals and stirring until melted.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the melted butters. Stir to combine using a rubber spatula or large spoon. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chips over the tip and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top and just set in the center. About 30 minutes. Start checking the bars around 20 minutes.
- Allow bars to fully cool, then lift out of the dish and cut into bars.
Leftover bars can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American