Refreshing noodle salad filled with yummy Asian flavors thanks to the easy sauce that we whip up in our blender or food processor. Filled with lots of veggie that add great color and crunch. This salad is best served cold so meet your new favorite way to elevate your weekday lunches.
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated or squeeze)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional for an extra kick :))
- 1 8.8 ounce package thin rice noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced or julienned )
- 6 ounces snap peas (optional: cut in half )
- 1 large cucumber (thinly sliced or julienned)
- 1/4 cup scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- additional toppings (optional: Sliced almonds, shredded chicken, shelled edamame, sliced bell peppers)
- Prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl (the bigger the better, otherwise tossing everything together can get messy) toss the Noodle Salad ingredients together. Pour over the dressing and toss again to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
This salad is best the day of or the day after, but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian