Summertime calls for all the cold salads! Perfect to bring to a potluck or for easy weekday lunches. This noodle salad is filled with yummy Asian flavors thanks to the dressing that comes together easily in your blender or food processor. This girl is allergic to peanuts so I used almond butter, but feel free to substitute peanut butter if unlike me you can eat it without fear of anaphylaxis 🙂
This dish is customizable so go ahead and use it as an excuse to clean out your fridge. Red bell pepper would be great with this! Or maybe some shelled edamame? Want a protein boost? Toss in some shredded chicken (heck even shred some off a rotisserie chicken for shortcut).The veggies not only add great color but also the perfect crunch.
The best part? This is best served room temperature or cold so it’s awesome to pack for lunches. No microwaving needed.
Refreshing noodle salad filled with yummy Asian flavors thanks to the easy sauce that we whip up in our blender or food processor. Filled with lots of veggie that add great color and crunch. This salad is best served cold so meet your new favorite way to elevate your weekday lunches.
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated or squeeze)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional for an extra kick :))
- 1 8.8 ounce package thin rice noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced or julienned )
- 6 ounces snap peas (optional: cut in half )
- 1 large cucumber (thinly sliced or julienned)
- 1/4 cup scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- additional toppings (optional: Sliced almonds, shredded chicken, shelled edamame, sliced bell peppers)
- Prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl (the bigger the better, otherwise tossing everything together can get messy) toss the Noodle Salad ingredients together. Pour over the dressing and toss again to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
This salad is best the day of or the day after, but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian