I sang the praises of meal prep salad jars with my Lemon Chickpea & Quinoa Mason Jar Salads. If you loved the concept, then I’ve got another variation for you. Balsamic Quinoa Spinach Mason Jar Salads. These salads are vegan, meatless, meal prep friendly, and filling. They’re the perfect lunch to take to work (or heck, even have for dinner!). If you eat meat and want some extra protein, some cubed chicken is a great add!
They start with a simple, yet delicious, balsamic dressing (if you really want to make this easy, feel free to use a store bought dressing). Then we layer them up! Minced red onions go in first to marinate in the dressing, followed by cucumbers and tomatoes. Finally we add our cooked quinoa and lots of spinach gets packed in. Seal them up and pop the jars in the fridge.
Look at those layers! By layering our ingredients in order in the mason jars, nothing gets soggy. This is what makes these mason jar salads PERFECT for prepping early in the week to eat the following days. When you’re ready, just dump into a big bowl and toss around. Oh, my, YUM!
These Balsamic Quinoa Spinach Mason Jar Salads are the perfect meatless, vegan meal prep. Layering the ingredients keeps these salads fresh and not soggy all week long. Healthy and filling weekday lunches ready to go. Recipe at Kathleenscravings.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 red onion (minced)
- 2 large cucumbers (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6–8 ounces baby spinach
- 4 quart sized mason jars
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking and cooling, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk all Dressing ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among the 4 mason jars.
- Now, start the layering. First, divide the minced red onion evenly. Followed by the chopped cucumber and tomato halves. Next, divide the cooked quinoa among the jars and finish by packing in the spinach.
- Seal up the jars and store in the fridge to eat throughout the rest of the week.
Can substitute about 1/2 cup or store-bought Balsamic Vinaigrette for the dressing.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American