These Balsamic Quinoa Spinach Mason Jar Salads are the perfect meatless, vegan meal prep. Layering the ingredients keeps these salads fresh and not soggy all week long. Healthy and filling weekday lunches ready to go. Recipe at Kathleenscravings.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 red onion (minced)
- 2 large cucumbers (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6–8 ounces baby spinach
- 4 quart sized mason jars
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking and cooling, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk all Dressing ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among the 4 mason jars.
- Now, start the layering. First, divide the minced red onion evenly. Followed by the chopped cucumber and tomato halves. Next, divide the cooked quinoa among the jars and finish by packing in the spinach.
- Seal up the jars and store in the fridge to eat throughout the rest of the week.
Can substitute about 1/2 cup or store-bought Balsamic Vinaigrette for the dressing.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American