BBQ Chicken Sliders are a simple yet delicious appetizer. Using sweet Hawaiian rolls makes these pull aparts easy to make and fun to eat. It’s the perfect recipe for leftover chicken or you can even shred up a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- 1 package Hawaiian Rolls, 12ct
- 4 cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken, from about 1.5 lbs Chicken
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro or Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a sheet pan or 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice sheet of Hawaiian rolls in half, leaving individual rolls intact. Place bottom on prepared sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss shredded chicken with half of the barbecue sauce. Spread chicken across the bottom of the rolls and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheese in an even layer of the chicken, followed by a layer of sliced red onions, and a sprinkle of chopped herbs. Place top of rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush the rolls.
- Loosely tent with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pull apart sliders, bbq chicken sliders, bbq chicken sliders on Hawaiian rolls,