The Best Fudgy Brownies for chocolate lovers. Dense, fudgy, thick, and loaded chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Far better than the box mix but still only made with 1 bowl. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick. Chopped. Plus additional butter for greasing pan.)
- 1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can omit and add extra chocolate chips too)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a double boiler (a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water) melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. When melted, remove bowl and set aside to cool slightly. About 5-10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, grease an 8×8 baking pan with butter. Add in a strip of parchment paper cut to fit the pan with a slight overhang. And grease the parchment paper again with butter.
- To the slightly cooled chocolate, whisk in the sugar and salt. Once smooth, whisk in the eggs until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour (do not over-mix) and then fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Ovens vary so start checking at 40 minutes. When done, the brownies will be just set if you jiggle the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out with a few moist crumbs. Be careful not to over bake. They will continue to cook and set up as the cool.
- Allow to cool in the pan. Use the parchment overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan and use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American