Brie Grilled Cheese elevates the classic grilled sandwich! Brie becomes super gooey when melted and it pairs well with prosciutto, apple slices, and many other filling options. Serve on its own for a quick lunch or pair with a soup or salad to round out the meal.
- 2 pieces bread, artisan bread preferred
- 1 tablespoons softened butter
- 2-3 oz brie, sliced
- 2-3 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 apple, thinly sliced
- Butter Bread - Butter one side of two slices of bread with the softened butter.
- Layer Sandwich - Add a layer of brie cheese slices to the non-buttered side of a slice of bread, top with the apple slices, prosciutto, and a drizzle of honey, if using. Add the second piece of bread, butter-side up.
- Cook Grilled Cheese - Heat up a skillet to medium heat (medium-low if your burners run hot) and add the sandwich, butter side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the bread is golden brown then carefully flip it over. I like to add a lid at this point and cook for 1-2 more minutes so they other side gets golden brown and the cheese melts fully.
- Enjoy - Allow to cool for just a minute or two then cut in half with a sharp knife and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main, Sandwich
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brie Grilled Cheese, Brie Apple Grilled Cheese