Buffalo Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and drizzled in buffalo sauce. Serve with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing for the best side dish, snack, or appetizer!
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, warmed
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Blue Cheese Crumbles, optional
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, for serving
- Boil Potatoes – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and boil a large pot of water with a big pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the scrubbed potatoes and cook until fork tender. About 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. They need to be tender enough that you can smash them down. Drain the potatoes and let them sit in a colander for about 5 minutes to fully dry (you may need to pat dry with a towel) and cool down slightly.
- Smash Potatoes – Brush a large sheet pan with the olive oil and add the dried, boiled potatoes. Smash down the potatoes using a cup, flat bottomed measuring cup, mug, etc. When smashing, try to keep the potatoes in one piece and smashed to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season Potatoes – Brush or drizzle the melted butter evenly over the smashed potatoes. Sprinkle on the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast – Roast the potatoes in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve – Warm the buffalo sauce (in the microwave or on the stove) and drizzle over the smashed potatoes. Serve with ranch, a sprinkle of chives, and blue cheese crumbles (if desired).
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crispy Smashed Potatoes, Buffalo Smashed Potatoes, Smashed Potatoes