This easy recipe for Candied Pecans is perfect for the holiday season! Sweet, salty, and crunchy. They’re made with just a few pantry staples and only minutes of active prep time. These quick candied pecans are egg-free and so simple to make. Just heat up the sugar, fold in the pecans, and let cool.
- 1 pound halved pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Flaky Sea Salt, optional
- Roast Pecans – If you bought roasted pecans, you can skip this step. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spread out the pecans on a sheet pan in an even layer. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until turning light golden brown and fragrant. Give the nuts a toss about halfway through to ensure even roasting.
- Prep – Remove the pecans from the sheet pan and set aside. Line the sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Heat Sugar – In a medium pot, mix together the brown sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add Pecans – Stir the roasted pecans into the sugar mixture and cook for another 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Transfer to Pan – Working quickly, pour the pecans onto the lined sheet pan, scraping out any of the excess sugar. Spread evenly. Try to have space in between the nuts as they will stick together if they are touching.
- Cool – Allow the pecans to cool at room temperature. It only takes about 15-20 minutes. Then serve or store.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Candied Pecans, Candied Pecans Stovetop, Glazed Pecans, Stovetop Glazed Pecans