When it comes to using up the produce in your fridge, is there really anything better than a veggie stir fry? This Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry is perfect for getting your veggies in. But the star of this plant-based dinner is the pineapple stir-fry sauce. Slightly sweet from the pineapple juice and honey, it brings all the veggies together in one big meatless party. Don't forget the crispy cashews sprinkled on top!
Ingredients for the Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry:
- Canola Oil - I like using canola oil for stir-frying because of its mild neutral flavor and its high smoke point. You can substitute a different oil, but be careful of lower smoke point oils.
- Broccoli Florets - You can either buy a head of broccoli and chop into florets yourself or your can buy a bag.
- Bell Peppers - I like to use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- Carrots - By using a vegetable peeler you can peel the carrots into fun ribbons.
- Cashews - They add some protein to this meatless meal, but they also add a nice crunch!
- Fresh Pineapple - Pineapple in a stir-fry? You're going to love it. It adds a sweetness and also a different texture than the veggies.
- Pineapple Stir-Fry Sauce - It's super quick to mix up and really is the star of the show.
- White Rice - For Serving
- Sliced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds - For sprinkling on top!
Remember, this stir-fry is easy to customize. Go ahead and use up the vegetables that you have in the fridge. Use your favorites!Print
Cashew Veggie Stir Fry is the perfect plant-based meal for meatless Monday. Loaded with veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Diced fresh pineapple adds sweetness. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Pineapple Stir-Fry Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 ½ cups dry rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced thin into rounds)
- 2 medium-large carrots (peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler)
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup small diced pineapple
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- sesame seeds (to sprinkle on top)
- First, start your rice cooking according to its package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or the largest skillet you have over high heat with 1 tablespoon of the canola oil.
- Add the cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are lightly toasted. Remove cashews onto a plate.
- To the wok, add another tablespoon of canola. Add the peppers and broccoli and stir fry until just tender and they have some brown bits. Remove and set on the plate.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil and add the carrots, zucchini, and pineapple. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until the zucchini is just tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add back in the peppers, broccoli, and the stir-fry sauce. Toss everything together and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes so the sauce thickens and coats everything.
- Remove skillet from heat and serve. Place a heaping scoop of rice in a bowl, top with a good spoon or two of the veggies, sprinkle with some of the cashews, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Asian