Cashew Veggie Stir Fry is the perfect plant-based meal for meatless Monday. Loaded with veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Diced fresh pineapple adds sweetness. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Pineapple Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced thin into rounds)
- 2 medium-large carrots (peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler)
- 1 large zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup small diced pineapple
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- sesame seeds (to sprinkle on top)
- First, start your rice cooking according to its package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or the largest skillet you have over high heat with 1 tablespoon of the canola oil.
- Add the cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are lightly toasted. Remove cashews onto a plate.
- To the wok, add another tablespoon of canola. Add the peppers and broccoli and stir fry until just tender and they have some brown bits. Remove and set on the plate.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil and add the carrots, zucchini, and pineapple. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until the zucchini is just tender.
- Add back in the peppers, broccoli, and the stir-fry sauce. Toss everything together and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes so the sauce thickens and coats everything.
- Remove skillet from heat and serve. Place a heaping scoop of rice in a bowl, top with a good spoon or two of the veggies, sprinkle with some of the cashews, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Asian