This salad has the 3 F’s I demand any salad to have. Filling, Fresh, and Flavorful. All the flavors of a gyro that we all know and love, but in salad form so we feel a little bit better about it.
This Tzatziki is so easy to mix together. The key is to squeeze out the moisture from the grated zucchini. This helps keep your sauce nice and thicccc. IF you’re really low on time, you can totally can buy store bought tatziki. We all have those days. But if you have the spare 5 minutes, you can’t beat the flavor of fresh.
I like to serve this salad family style. Place out your chopped salad ingredients, tzatziki, and sliced chicken and let everyone build their own salad. Less work for you, and then everyone can include more or less of what they like. Win, win.
Filling, Fresh, and Flavorful. All the flavors of a gyro, but in salad form. Marinated grilled chicken packs a protein punch and n easy, homemade tzatziki sauce pulls everything together. Serve the salad family style and let everyone assemble their own bowls.
#KathleensCravings #Greeksalad #GreekGyroSalad #GrilledChickenSalad #GrilledGreekChicken
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb cucumber (1 large hothouse cucumber or 2 medium cucumbers. Grated and squeezed of excess moisture)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- 2–3 romaine heads (Chopped)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 lb cucumber (1 large hothouse cucumber or 2 medium cucumbers. Diced)
- 1 red onion (Cut into quarters and sliced thinly)
- 6–8 ounces crumbled feta
- 4 pitas (Optional. 1 half per serving. )
- Marinate the chicken: In a gallon sized zip top bag, add the marinated chicken ingredients. Smoosh everything around so it all combines. Allow to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Make the Tzatziki: Mix all Tzatziki ingredients together in a medium bowl. I like to do this in a glass, airtight container for easy storage. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat your grill to high heat or a grill pan to medium – high heat. Remove chicken thighs from marinade and grill for 5 minutes, then flip and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes until the thighs are cooked through. Depending on the size of your grill or pan, this may need to be done in 2 batches. Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for a few minutes then slice thighs into strips. While your chicken is resting, you can grill your pita if you’d like.
- Set out all prepped Salad Fixin’s, the prepared Tzatziki, and the sliced chicken. Allow everyone to assemble their salads and enjoy.
Don’t have an outdoor grill or grill pan? Go ahead and cook up the thighs in a large skillet (greased with olive oil). You won’t have the pretty grill marks but they’ll still taste just as bomb.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Greek