These Chicken Parm Meatballs are stuffed with mozzarella and give everything you love about classic chicken parmesan in easy meatball form! After browning the meatballs on the stove, add your favorite marinara to the pan and pop in the oven to bake.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan, about 1.5 ounces
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls, cherry-sized
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil, optional for garnish
- Cooked Pasta, optional for serving
- Prep - Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chicken Mixture - In a mixing bowl, combine the meatball ingredients (chicken, egg, Panko, parmesan, egg, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste). Gently mix to combine (I use my hands).
- Form Meatballs - Form the mixture into 12 meatballs (I used a 1/3 cup cookie scoop) and stuff each meatball with one mozzarella ball. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, you can wet your hands with water. Roll the formed meatballs in the flour to coat on all sides.
- Brown Meatballs - Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil to coat the bottom. Working in batches, brown the meatballs on all sides (they will not be fully cooked at this point). Set the browned meatballs aside on a plate and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Bake Meatballs - To the same pan, add the marinara and place the browned meatballs on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until they are cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F) and the marinara is slightly bubbling.
- Serve - Sprinkle with fresh sliced basil, extra Parmesan Cheese, and serve.
Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls - These are cherry-sized balls of fresh mozzarella sold in a plastic tub near the other fresh mozzarella. If you can't find, you can also cut up ~4 ounces of fresh mozzarella into 12 1/2-inch cubes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3 Meatballs + Sauce
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 1088.5 mg
- Fat: 28.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Protein: 34.2 g
- Cholesterol: 173.1 mg
Keywords: Chicken Parm Meatballs, Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs