Chili Lime Tilapia is your weeknight dinner solution. Tilapia fillets are glazed with an easy chili lime marinade and then baked for just 12 minutes. A perfect, quick weeknight dinner for two. After a long day at work, you just want to get dinner on the table FAST. On these days, fish is my go-to. It cooks up super quick so all you have to do is grab a side or two. A few of my favorites are rice, steamed vegetables (heck even just microwave the steamed bag while the fish is cooking), or my favorite some fruit salsa. Pineapple Salsa is great with this!
This recipe serves two – perfect to share or have leftovers for yourself. But, it’s very easy to double or even triple to feed more.
The Chili Lime marinade has just the right amount of kick thanks to the cayenne pepper. But, if you don’t like spice, go ahead and omit the cayenne pepper and the marinade will be milder but still tasty and zesty from the lime juice.
Tilapia fillets are glazed and baked with an easy Chili Lime marinade that has just the right amount of kick. Serve the Chili Lime Tilapia with rice and steamed vegetables or some fruit salsa for an easy, fresh, and fun weeknight dinner.
Chili Lime Marinade
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tilapia filets (about 1lb total)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a small bowl, mix up the marinade ingredients. Use a brush to coat each side of the tilapia filets with the marinade. Bake for about 12 minutes. The tilapia is done when the edges begin to crisp and the filets are moist and flaky. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican