Fun Fact: I have a peanut allergy. When people find out about this one of the first things they say is “You can’t eat Reeses?!?”. I’ve never had one, but the concern others show makes me think I really must be missing something special! Luckily, all other nuts are fair game so almond butter is a go-to for me.
These Chocolate Almond Butter Cups may be the closest I’ll ever get to a Reeses, and honestly, I’m okay with that. These are perfect to satisfy a sweet tooth and chocolate craving, but you also feel okay about it because the ingredients are pretty clean and you get protein from the almond butter. #gains.
These mix up in minutes and then a quick pop in the freezer and they’re done! Once you try one, you’ll always want to keep a few in your freezer.
Slightly sweet from the honey, with just the right amount of almond flavor peeking through the chocolate. These are a great sweet treat to have on hand. Plus the almond butter brings protein to the situation.
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- salt for sprinkling (optional)
- sliced almonds for sprinkling (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with liners (12). In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the cocoa powder and mix again until well combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter into the muffin tin. If using, top with almonds and sprinkle with salt.
- Place muffin tin in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy your sweet, protein treat!
Store the cups in an air-tight container or zip top bag in the freezer for up to 2 months. Do not leave the cups at room temperature for too long or they will start to get soft.
1 cup = 145 calories and 3 grams of protein.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American