Slightly sweet from the honey, with just the right amount of almond flavor peeking through the chocolate. These are a great sweet treat to have on hand. Plus the almond butter brings protein to the situation.
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- salt for sprinkling (optional)
- sliced almonds for sprinkling (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with liners (12). In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the cocoa powder and mix again until well combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter into the muffin tin. If using, top with almonds and sprinkle with salt.
- Place muffin tin in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy your sweet, protein treat!
Store the cups in an air-tight container or zip top bag in the freezer for up to 2 months. Do not leave the cups at room temperature for too long or they will start to get soft.
1 cup = 145 calories and 3 grams of protein.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American