Combining two of the greatest desserts – chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake gives us the most indulgent (yet easy to make) Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (chocolate chips)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature. The block kind, not the spreadable in the tub.)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- First, cream the softened butter and sugars in a stand mixer (or with a handheld mixer and a large bowl) for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix in. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and powder, and mix on low until combined. Add in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and mix slowly for a few more seconds. Chill the dough while you make the Cheesecake batter.
- In your stand mixer (if you have a second bowl or want to clean out your) or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, whip the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Everything should be combined and very smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press a little over half of the cookie dough (about 2/3 of the dough) in to the bottom of the pan to make an even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake batter on stop of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of cheesecake layer. Finally sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cookie dough should be golden brown and the middle should be set and not jiggly. If the cookie seems to be browning too quickly, you can cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the counter for 30-45 minutes. Then transfer to the fridge to cool completely – at least 2 hours. Cut and serve.
The bars can be made the night before and stored in the fridge then cut up the day of.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American