Don’t have any brown sugar in the pantry, this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar will save the day! The cookies are sweet, buttery, and slightly crispy yet still chewy. Easy to mix up and you don’t even need to chill the cookie dough.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra to stick on tops
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream Butter and Sugar – Add the softened butter and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat until the mixture becomes creamy, 1 – 2 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add Egg and Vanilla – Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined and incorporated.
- Add Dry Ingredients – Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the dough. Stir together slightly with a rubber spatula then use the mixture to slowly mix in until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Chocolate Chips – Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed in the cookie dough.
- Cookie Dough Balls – Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and arrange the dough balls a couple inches apart on the lined baking sheets. I like to stick a few chocolate chips on the top of each dough balls for a prettier presentation
- Bake – Bake the cookies for 11 to 13 minutes, until the sides are lightly browned but the centers still look pale and a little soft. Don’t over bake.
- Enjoy – Allow to cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy or store in airtight containers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar, Chocolate chip cookie recipe