A cross between a pico de gallo and cowboy caviar, this salsa has all of the best ingredients for your Mexican craving. Whip up a batch ahead of time to serve at your next party.
- 2 cups corn kernels (I like kernels cut off of grilled ears of corn, but thawed frozen or canned is just fine)
- 1 14.5oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups diced, seeded, tomatoes
- 1/3 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 2 minced jalapeños (seeded and white parts discarded)
- 1 whole lime (zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt (to taste)
- pinch ground cayenne pepper ( optional, to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and fold together. Adjust salt and cayenne pepper, if using, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before serving.
Removing the seeds and whites from the jalapeño keeps the spice level in check, feel free to keep some of the seeds in if you want a hotter salsa.
- Category: Sides, Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican