If you haven’t been able to tell, corn is a food group of its own for me in the summer. Eaten straight off the cob slathered in butter, tossed into a salsa, or in this avocado salad, I can’t get enough of it. And if you’re like me, then when you pick up some ears of corn to grill, or boil or quickly cook in your Instant Pot (see the how to here) you cook up lots of extras. And man oh man, do I have the perfect recipe for you to use up some of those leftover ears.
This salad is best served at room temperature or cold so it makes it an even better leftover corn best friend. I love this served alongside all things grilled. Steak, burgers, chicken, all perfect pairings.
Flavorful and easy to toss together. This Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad is a perfect use for any leftover corn on the cob you have. Serve cold or room temperature so a great option for potlucks or backyard barbecues. Recipe at Kathleenscravings.com
- 2 ears corn (cooked and kernels cut off the cob)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 avocados (peeled, pit removed and diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (small diced. About half 1 medium onion)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I like to start with about a 1/4 teaspoon of each and add from there. Serve room temperature or cold. Enjoy 🙂
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a day or two (in an airtight container), but the avocado may start to brown.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American