Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf is an easy vegan side dish option for Thanksgiving! Cooking the wild rice blend in the stock, spices, and shallot adds so much flavor! And the dried cranberries infuse with the whole dish and add sweetness. Perfect for a holiday or an everyday comforting meal.
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 large Shallots, minced
- 2 cups Wild Rice Blend
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2/3 cup Dried Cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2/3 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced Fresh Parsley
- Preheat Oven to 375 F.
- Sauté Shallots. Heat a medium-large oven-safe pot, such as a Dutch Oven, over medium heat with the oil. Once oil is hot, add the shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the rice blend, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat and combine.
- Bring to simmer. Add stock, stir to combine, and cover. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, stir one more time, cover and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes to an hour until rice is fully cooked and liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven.
- Top and Serve. Sprinkle the pecans and parsley on top of the pilaf and serve.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe, Vegan Holiday Recipe, Wild Rice Pilaf, Wild Rice Blend Recipes