This pasta recipe is creamy, comforting, and even slightly romantic food at its finest. In the time it takes to boil water and cook pasta, you can make the easy mushroom cream sauce. If you’re looking for a meal that’s on the lighter side, keep moving. This Mushroom Fettuccine is rich and oh so craving worthy. Easy enough to make on a Monday night, but decadent enough to make on a Saturday for date night.
What You’ll Need for this Mushroom Fettuccine:
- Butter and lots of it 🙂
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley for topping
First, melt some of the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add the mushrooms and garlic and let them do their thang. After about 10-15 minutes the mushrooms will be softened and deep brown. While the mushrooms are working, bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
Next, we add MORE butter and cream to the mushrooms. This is when you realize that things are going to get goooood. Bring the sauce to a simmer over low heat while the fettuccine pasta finished cooking.
Add the cooked noodles to the creamy mushroom sauce. Don’t forget to set aside some of the pasta water. We’ll use the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce. Give everything a toss and add the grated parmesan cheese. YUM. Slowly add the water until the consistency is smooth and just right.
Finally, sprinkle a large handful of chopped fresh parsley on top. For some added color and freshness!
Now pile the creamy pasta onto plates. Don’t forget to have extra parmesan cheese on hand. Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy!
Have I convinced you that you need this creamy pasta in your life? Treat yourself to a rich and decadent meal. You deserve it 🙂
Mushroom Fettuccine is rich and decadent enough to make on a Saturday night alongside a bottle of wine. But easy enough with just a few ingredients to make on a weeknight. Lots of butter, cream, parmesan, and mushrooms. What’s not to love? Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick. Divided)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- fresh parsley (for topping)
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, cook the mushrooms. In a large, deep skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Sauté about 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and a deep brown color.
- Add the remaining butter and cream to the mushrooms. Simmer over low heat.
- When the water is boiling, cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Don’t forget to reserve the pasta water.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the mushroom sauce. If your skillet isn’t big enough, you can add the sauce to the pasta pot. Toss pasta with tongs, add the grated parmesan, and slowly add up to 1 cup of the reserved pasta water until the consistency is just right. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top pasta with fresh parsley or additional grated parmesan. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian