Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the perfect game day snack! Chicken wings in the air fryer only take about 20 minutes and just a few ingredients. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt. The wings have a super crispy skin but are moist and tender on the inside. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce for the perfect game day snack! Prefer saucy wings? Try making these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Chicken Wings - separated into the flats and drums. You can buy them like this (my preferred choice) or do it yourself. Here's a tutorial.
- Olive Oil
- Spices - Lemon Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Salt
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare the Wings. If needed, split and trim your wings and then pat dry.
- Toss Wings. Next, toss the wings with the olive oil and spices.
- Air Fry. Depending on your air fryer and the size of your wings, the cook time will vary slightly. The wings should take about 20 minutes (flipping halfway through). After the 20 minutes, check the temperature of a wing (to ensure it is fully cooked) and if you want them crispier you can crank up the heat for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce - I love ranch with these.
Frequently Asked Questions
An air fryer is essentially a compact countertop convection oven. A fan circulates the hot air at a quick speed which creates a crispy layer on foods without needing to fry in oil.
The lemon pepper gives the wings a zest but I do not consider them spicy. However, you could add some additional spices or serve them with a spicy dipping sauce if you want more of a kick.
Yes! I often make 2-3 pounds of wings to feed a crowd. But you will need to air fry them in batches. If you crowd your air fryer, instead of cooking in an even layer, the wings will not get as crispy.
- Oven instead of Air Fryer - I recommend baking in a 400˚F preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping halfway through. Until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Other Spices - Have fun trying different combinations! Like your wings spicy? Add a little cayenne. Have a cajun spice blend you love? Try that!
Leftovers and Storage
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the air fryer to restore their crispiness.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the perfect game day snack! These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt. No marinating needed with this air fryer recipe! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1lb Chicken Wings, split into flats and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Dry Wings. Pat dry the chicken wings and add to a medium bowl.
- Toss Wings. Toss the dried wings with the olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
- Air Fry. Add to air fryer basket in an even layer (do two batches, if needed, see note). Air fry for 20 minutes at 375˚F, flipping halfway. After the time is up, the wings should be fully cooked (165˚F) and crispy. Depending on your air fryer and size of wings, you can raise the heat to 400˚F for 2-5 additional minutes to crisp up more. The wings should be crispy and golden.
- Enjoy. Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!
If you air fry in batches, I recommend wiping out the grease in between to avoid smoking.
- Serving Size: 4oz
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 354.7 mg
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3 g
- Protein: 33.2 g
- Cholesterol: 85.5 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings, Dry Rub Air Fryer Wings