Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries are the perfect side. By making the fries in the oven, this recipe is a healthier alternative to frying. No soaking needed. Cornstarch gives the sweet potatoes their crispness! Ready in 30 minutes, these are so simple to make at home.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8–14 inch fries)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional – course salt and minced fresh parsley
- Preheat Oven. Preheat oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare Fries. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the cut sweet potatoes with the cornstarch mixture until evenly coating. Drizzle in the olive oil and toss again.
- Spread Fries on Sheet. Spread the coated fries evenly on the baking sheet – make sure they are not overlapping or touching. Use a second sheet, if needed.
- Roast the Fries. Bake the fries in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Carefully flip fries over and bake again for about 10 more minutes – depending on thickness. They are done when they are tender, crispy, and matte looking.
- Serve and Enjoy. If desired, sprinkle on course salt and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Fry Shape: You can cut the fries into your preferred thickness (baking time will be impacted) but make sure they are cut evenly so they cook evenly.
Leftovers: The fries are best served immediately after baking, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. To reheat, I recommend using the oven or an air fryer to crisp them back up.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oven Fries, Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Sweet Potato Fries in the Oven