Easy Pineapple Cake made with crushed pineapple and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. Just a few simple ingredients for this flavorful sheet cake. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (including juice)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature. Salted or unsalted is fine)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix the sugar and eggs for 1 minute. Add the pineapple, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.
- While cake is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Mix together the cream cheese and butter (using a hand mixer or stand mixer). Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides occasionally and mix until combined and creamy.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cakes and serve.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American