Looking for ideas for an Easter dessert? These one bowl Easter Egg Blondies are so cute, but easy to make! A simple blondie recipe with the addition of mini egg chocolate candies. Perfect for leftover Easter candy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup M&M Milk Chocolate Eggs, divided
- Preheat Oven and Prepare Pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan and line with a strip of parchment paper. I like to grease with butter and grease the parchment paper a little as well.
- Melt Butter. In a large microwave safe bowl, carefully melt the butter. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add Brown Sugar and Cool. Add the brown sugar to the melted butter, stir to combine. Allow to cool for a few more minutes until room temperature.
- Add Egg and Vanilla. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine – but do not overtax. The batter will be thick like a cookie dough.
- Add Candies. Add about 3/4 of the chocolate candies and fold into the dough. They don’t need to be perfectly combined as you can do that when you add to pan.
- Add to pan. Press batter into prepared pan in an even layer. Press remaining candies into top.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is center, set, and golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with crumbs, but no wet batter. Allow blondies to cool for one hour before cutting. They will firm up more as they cool.
Leftover blondies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easter Dessert Recipe, One Bowl Blondies, Easter Blondies, Easter Dessert Bars, Easter Cookie Bars, Leftover Easter Candy