Skip the takeout and make 15-Minute Korean Ground Beef. Budget-friendly and healthier than take-out. An easy Korean-inspired sauce that uses pantry staples turns ground beef into a new family favorite dinner!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cooked White Rice, for serving
- Steamed Vegetables, for serving
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust to spice preference
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and ground ginger.
- Cook the beef. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and brown, crumbling as it cooks. About 3-5 minutes. Drain off the excess fat and return the skillet to the stove. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute, until fragrant and softened.
- Combine with the sauce. Add the sauce to the ground beef. Stir to combine and allow to simmer over medium about 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve and enjoy. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with cooked rice and steamed vegetables. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Korean Beef recipe, Rice Bowl, Korean Ground Beef, recipe for Korean Ground Beef