Easy Apple Crisp - One Bowl
Easy Apple Crisp with a crunchy oat topping. Mix up the oat crumble topping in the same bowl that you prep the apples for a one bowl recipe with less clean up. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream for the best apple dessert.
- Author: Kathleen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds apples, 5-6 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Butter, to grease dish
- 1 1/2 cups classic rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, light is okay too
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Prep - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- Apple Filling - Peel, core, and slice the apples into 1/4 inch slices and add to a large bowl. Toss the slices with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the greased baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Oat Crisp Topping - In the same bowl from the apples, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Once combined, mix in the melted butter. You should be able to squeeze the topping together and have it hold its shape - like wet sand.
- Top the Apples - Scatter the topping over the apples - leaving a mix of small and large clumps.
- Bake - Bake the crisp for 50 to 60 minutes until the juices are bubbling, the apples are tender (when tested with a sharp knife), and the topping is golden brown. If the topping is getting overly brown, you can loosely tent with foil.
- Cool and Serve - Allow the crisp to cool for at least 15 minutes so the juice can thicken up.
Keywords: Easy Apple Crisp, Apple Crisp with Oats, One Bowl Apple Crisp, Apple Dessert Recipe