Take 10 minutes to make this Easy Hummus Recipe using canned chickpeas and no peeling! Puree ingredients in a food processor and serve with veggies, pita, or as a spread. Extra creamy and simple to make from scratch. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water, more if needed!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- optional toppings: extra olive oil, sprinkle of paprika, chopped fresh herbs, etc.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients except for the chickpeas. Puree until smooth – about 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and puree for 3-4 minutes, scraping down sides after a minute or two, until smooth and creamy. Add additional cold water if needed – a tablespoon at a time.
- Taste hummus and adjust seasoning – salt, cumin, lemon juice.
- Serve as is or garnish with optional toppings if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American