Italian Pasta Salad is the perfect easy dish to whip together for your next summer potluck. Customize the mix-ins to make your dream salad. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Italian Dressing (or 1/2 cup pre-made)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- 8 ounces pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella (diced, or pearls cut in half)
- 1/2 lbs salami (casing removed and diced)
- 1/3-1/2 cup black olives (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Italian Dressing ingredients. Add pepper to taste (I like to do a big pinch's worth!).
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta salad ingredients. Mix gently so you don't break up the pasta too much. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
My pasta shapes of choice for this salad are fusilli and penne. But use your fave!
Have a favorite store-bought Italian dressing? Use it! Or the dressing recipe I laid out can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian