When it comes to making an easy breakfast or brunch dish to feed a crowd (or for meal prep for yourself), egg bakes are KEY. There are so many combination possibilities. Egg Bakes are perfect to mix up (even the night before like my Cheesy Overnight Egg Bake) and then pop in the oven while you live your life. This Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake gives me LIFE on a weekend morning. We hit all the things I crave on a Saturday morning. Biscuits? Check. Breakfast sausage? Check. Lots of cheese? Check! If you really want to save time in the morning, cook up your sausage, peppers, and onions the day before. Then all you have to do is assemble this Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake! Even I can bring myself out of bed to do that 🙂
How to make the Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake
Biscuit is the first layer in our Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake. Because, let’s be real. Biscuits deserve a place at every brunch. We just use the store-bought, canned biscuits for this. Easy peasy. Press them into the bottom of your glass 9×13. Making sure to press the edges together and slightly press the biscuits up the sides. Next, on our biscuit layer, we spread out the cooked sausage, peppers, and onions. Then sprinkle on the cheese. How can this not be delicious?!
The final step is to pour over our egg mixture. Done. That easy. Next, pop her into the oven and put your feet up (or climb back in bed). Bake for about 35-45 minutes – I like to start checking it around 35 minutes, but ovens can vary so much. You’ll know it’s done when the eggs are set (no jiggly center) and the biscuit layer is fully cooked and very lightly browned on the bottom.
This egg casserole is such a crowd pleaser! And it’s easy to customize. Feel free to substitute a shredded cheese of your choice. Swap the crumbled sausage for cooked, crumbled bacon. Or maybe omit the meat all together and add more veggies? So many options! How will you make yours?
This Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake is a quick and easy recipe to make for breakfast or brunch that feeds a crowd. Using store-bought biscuits makes this recipe even easier. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 lbs breakfast sausage (turkey or pork)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced, or 1/2 a medium-large onion)
- 1 14.3oz can Grands Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1 cups Milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat a large skillet with the oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions for 3-4 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the sausage. Brown and crumble for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked (no pink). Drain any excess fat.
- Take your 13×9 glass baking dish and press the biscuits into a layer on the bottom. Being sure to pinch together the edges and pressing the biscuits slightly up the sides of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sausage, peppers, and onions over the biscuit base. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Finally, pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. The egg will be set when you jiggle the pan, the biscuit will be baked through and lightly browned on the bottom.
The egg bake can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American