This Sausage Biscuit Egg Bake is a quick and easy recipe to make for breakfast or brunch that feeds a crowd. Using store-bought biscuits makes this recipe even easier. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 lbs breakfast sausage (turkey or pork)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced, or 1/2 a medium-large onion)
- 1 14.3oz can Grands Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1 cups Milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat a large skillet with the oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions for 3-4 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the sausage. Brown and crumble for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is completely cooked (no pink). Drain any excess fat.
- Take your 13×9 glass baking dish and press the biscuits into a layer on the bottom. Being sure to pinch together the edges and pressing the biscuits slightly up the sides of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sausage, peppers, and onions over the biscuit base. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Finally, pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. The egg will be set when you jiggle the pan, the biscuit will be baked through and lightly browned on the bottom.
The egg bake can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American