This Everyday Quinoa Salad is an easy veggie-packed side that pairs with almost any meal. Loaded with lots of color, texture, and tossed together with an easy lemon dressing.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock or water, for cooking the quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley, from 1 bunch
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Cook the Quinoa: Combine the quinoa (rinsed, if needed) and the stock or water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool for 10 minutes while you chop up the veggies.
- Toss Salad – In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and slightly cooled quinoa.
- Mix Dressing – In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Or you can shake it all up in a mason jar.
- Toss Dressing with Salad – Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss until well combined and season with pepper, to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Salad
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Veggie Salad, Vegan Quinoa Salad