These Chocolate Chip Pancakes are extra fluffy, tender, and guaranteed to be a family favorite! Making homemade pancakes is surprisingly easy, I promise. This recipe serves two so it’s perfect if you don’t want a huge batch, but it also doubles or even triples very well to make more. DIY buttermilk is the star of the show using just milk and vinegar!
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted. Plus additional to grease.
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Maple Syrup and Butter, for serving
- Make Buttermilk. Mix the vinegar and milk together and let sit for a couple of minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. It will thicken and become slightly curdled.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. In a medium to large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix Batter. Mix the egg and melted butter into the milk mixture and pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir everything together. The batter will be very thick and fluffy. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat Skillet or Griddle. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt a little butter to grease.
- Cook the Pancakes. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot, greased pan. Spread around a bit so they are somewhat flat. Cook until the edges start to firm and bubbles form on the top. You can also peek under the pancake to see if they are golden brown. When ready, flip and cook for another minute or two until cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and Enjoy! Serve with maple syrup, additional butter, and even extra chocolate chips.
Leftovers: Leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. Or frozen in an airtight bag for up to 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Fluffy Pancakes, Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes