This French Toast is thick, rich, and with just the right amount of sweetness from the added honey and cinnamon.
- 1/2 loaf Challah Bread (Sliced into 1-inch thick slices)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half (may substitute milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- canola oil or butter (for greasing)
- berries, syrup, powdered sugar, etc. (Optional: For topping)
- In a large shallow dish whisk the eggs, half and half, vanilla, honey, cinnamon and salt together until well blended.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat. Soak the challah slices in the egg mixture for 2 minutes on each side
- Grease the heated skillet with oil or butter and add the soaked bread slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with toppings of your choice.
Depending on the size of your skillet or griddle, you may need to cook the toast in batches. You can place the finished slices on a baking sheet in a low temp oven (200° F) to keep warm.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American