Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs are juicy, flavorful, and easy to make. The zesty, citrus marinade uses only 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and takes only minutes to mix up.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Vegetable Oil, optional for greasing grill grates
- Extra Limes and Chopped Cilantro, optional for topping
- Marinate Chicken Thighs – In a medium/large bowl, mix together the olive oil, spices, lime zest and juice, and garlic. Then mix in the chopped cilantro. Add the whole chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to combine. Allow to marinate for at lest 20 minutes (perfect amount of time to preheat the grill) or up to one hour.
- Preheat Grill – Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (450-500 degrees F) for direct grilling (ie. the chicken will go directly over the flame).
- Grill – Grease your grill grates, if desired, with vegetable oil on a paper towel using grilling tongs. Then add the marinated chicken thighs to the grill. Close the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes (8-10 minutes total) until fully cooked (internal temperature reads 165 degrees F). Chicken thighs are ready to flip when they easily release from the grill. The excess marinade should be discarded.
- Serve – Removed cooked chicken from the grill and allow to rest for just a few minutes before serving. I love to give a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of extra chopped cilantro.
Leftover chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
- Category: Grilling, Mains
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Thighs, How To Grill Chicken Thighs, Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs, Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken