Grilled Sesame Chicken Thighs
Grilled Sesame Chicken Thighs are juicy, flavorful, and easy to make. The soy marinade uses only 6 simple ingredients. The results are moist chicken thighs with perfect grill marks.
- Author: Kathleen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main, Grilling
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- Marinate Chicken Thighs - In a medium/large bowl, mix together marinade ingredients. Add the whole chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to combine. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes (perfect amount of time to preheat the grill) or up to overnight.
- Preheat Grill - Preheat the grill to medium heat (450 degrees F) for direct grilling (ie. the chicken will go directly over the flame).
- Grill - Grease your grill grates, if desired, with vegetable oil on a paper towel using grilling tongs. Then add the marinated chicken thighs to the grill (let the excess marinade drip off into the bowl).Close the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes (8-10 minutes total) until fully cooked (internal temperature reads at least 165 degrees F). Chicken thighs are ready to flip when they easily release from the grill. The excess marinade should be discarded.
- Serve - Removed cooked chicken from the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Keywords: Grilled sesame chicken thighs, grilled chicken thighs, grilled teriyaki chicken thighs