Grilled Shrimp Kabobs are simple to make and perfect for an easy summer meal. The lemon marinade for grilled shrimp is so flavorful and fresh tasting.
- 1lb 16/20 ct shrimp, peeled and deveined. Tails are optional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Marinate Shrimp – In a medium/large bowl, mix together the shrimp marinade ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and spices). Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes (perfect amount of time to preheat the grill) or up to one hour. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10-30 minutes before threading with the shrimp.
- Preheat Grill – Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (450-500 degrees F) for direct grilling (ie. the shrimp will go directly over the flame).
- Skewer Shrimp – While the grill preheats, skewer the shrimp on 3-4 skewers and place on a plate. The excess marinade needs to be discarded.
- Grill – Grease your grill grates, if desired, with vegetable oil on a paper towel using grilling tongs. Then add the marinated shrimp skewers to the grill. Close the grill and grill each side for 2-3 minutes (about 5 minutes total) until fully cooked. Shrimp are cooked when they are pink and opaque – be careful not to overcook. If you’d like, you can toss extra lemon slices on the grill for just a minute or two to get a nice char and serve with the shrimp.
- Serve – I love to give a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Category: Grilling, Mains
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled shrimp kabobs, Grilled shrimp skewers, marinade for grilled shrimp