The Harvest Bowl at Sweetgreen is one of my FAVORITE things to order and I knew I had to try recreating at home. This copycat recipe makes 4 big salads that are loaded with wild rice, roasted sweet potatoes, chicken, and more.
- 1/2 cup wild rice, or 2 cups cooked
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced into half moons
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken, see note
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 4 oz plain goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook Wild Rice - The first thing you should do is get the wild rice cooking according to package directions. Wild Rice takes ~45 minutes to cook on the stove so you want to get it going first.
- Roast Sweet Potatoes - Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise then thinly slice it into half moons. Add the sweet potatoes to a baking sheet, toss with oil, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until tender (the bake time will depend on how thick your slices are).
- Prep Other Ingredients - Prep the remaining ingredients like chopping the apple, chopping or shredding the chicken, and chopping the kale.
- Make Dressing - To make the balsamic dressing, add the dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid and shake to combine and emulsify. Alternatively, you can whisk together in a bowl but shaking is much easier.
- Assemble Salads - Assemble the harvest bowls by adding kale to a large bowl and tossing with the different ingredients and drizzling with the dressing. Gently toss to combine and enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers - It's best to store the individual ingredients separately in the fridge. They will keep for up to 4 days (the dressing for up to 1 week). You can add a paper towel to the kale to help avoid moisture and keep it fresher. The olive oil in the dressing will solidify in the fridge, so let the dressing sit at room temperature (or run under warm water) for a few minutes to warm up before shaking up again and using.
Chicken - You can use leftover cooked chicken, a store-bought rotisserie chicken, or roast up some chicken while cooking the other ingredients. To roast your own - rub boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs with a little olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Roast in the 400 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 663
- Sugar: 17.4 g
- Sodium: 975.4 mg
- Fat: 44.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.8 g
- Protein: 23.7 g
- Cholesterol: 44.1 mg
Keywords: Harvest Bowl, Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl, Copycat Sweetgreen Harvest Bowl