This Hasselback Potatoes Recipe is easy to make yet a beautiful presentation! Thinly sliced potatoes smothered in melted butter and herbs before being roasted to golden brown, tender, and with crispy skins.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, about 6–7 medium
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Flaky Sea Salt, optional
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or rub with oil and set aside. Rinse and scrub the potatoes clean then dry.
- Slice the Potatoes – Lay down two chopsticks or wooden skewers on the sides of a potato. Use share knife and carefully, thinly slice the potatoes into 1/8-1/4 inch slices. Be careful not to slice all the way through – using the skewers as a guide. Add the potatoes to the baking sheet with space in between.
- Mix up Butter and Oil – In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and melted butter. Brush about half of this mixture over the potatoes and in between the slices. Sprinkle the potatoes with a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Roast – Roast the potatoes for 40 minutes.
- Brush again and add herbs – Remove the potatoes from the oven, brush with the remaining butter/oil mixture and sprinkle with the fresh rosemary.
- Roast again – Roast the potatoes for another 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender and browned.
- Serve – Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hasselback Potatoes Recipe, Recipe for Hasselback Potatoes