Honey Beer Bread is a super simple quick bread. Just 5 ingredients! The beer flavor is very mild and the bread is dense, moist, and ready for a slather of butter and drizzle of honey.
- baking spray or butter (to grease pan)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional – if your butter is unsalted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 ounces beer (I used Heineken)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (cut into ~1/2 tablespoon slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter or a baking spray.
- Mix Batter. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder (salt if using). Pour in the beer and honey. Stir together using a spoon or rubber spatula until just combined. The dough may be slightly lumpy.
- Prepare Bread. Pour the dough into the greased pan and top with the butter slices.
- Bake. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the bread is lightly golden on top, feels set to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Enjoy. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing. Slice and serve with butter and honey.
Leftovers: Leftover bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or tightly wrapped and frozen for 2-3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Sides, Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quick Bread, Honey Beer Bread, Beer Bread, Easy Bread Recipe, No Yeast Bread