Sticky from the honey and spicy from the Sriracha, these cauliflower bites are the perfect veggie addition to your next game watch. Baked not fried, these are a great healthy alternative.
- 1 Head Cauliflower (Core removed and broken into bit-sized florets)
- 3/4 cup Milk (I used nonfat skim milk, but whatever milk you have on hand will work (including nut milks))
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey (additional if you want them sweeter)
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, milk, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Add the cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Transfer the coated florets to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The florets will have some browning around the edges and be crispy.
- Remove florets from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Turn your oven’s broiler on high. While the florets cool, mix together the sriracha sauce. In a large bowl, mix the honey, ketchup, and sriracha. Taste the sauce and add more honey if it is too spicy or add more sriracha if you want a greater kick! Add the florets and toss to coat.
- Place the sauced florets back on the baking sheets and broil for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. This helps them crisp up one last time.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
- Category: Sides, Snack
- Cuisine: American