This Hot Cocoa Mug Cake recipe uses just a few simple ingredients and cooks in a mug right in the microwave. One of the ingredients… Hot Cocoa Mix! Hot chocolate in cake form is a fun single serving dessert. Don’t forget the warm, gooey marshmallows on top.
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 5 Mini Marshmallows, see note
- Mix Batter. Add all ingredients, except for mini marshmallows, to a microwave-safe mug. Use a fork to mix up until the batter is smooth.
- Optional: If desired, you can top with the marshmallows before baking – they will completely melt into the cake. Or, you can top at the end. See post for picture differences.
- Microwave. Microwave cake for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until the cake is just set and cooked. Top with marshmallows. Cake is best eaten warm soon after making.
Hot Cocoa Mix – Make sure to use a mix that can be mixed with water, not one that must be mixed with milk. Use your favorite mix and have fun experimenting with different kinds.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Microwave Mug Cake, Chocolate Mug Cake, Hot Cocoa Mug Cake, Microwave Hot Cocoa Mug Cake