This easy recipe teaches you how to make Tzatziki, a classic Greek sauce made from yogurt and cucumber. Light, refreshing, and great as a dip with veggies and pita or drizzled on grilled meat and vegetables.
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 lb cucumber
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Olive Oil, optional
- Grate the Cucumber. Wash the cucumber then grate using the large holes of a box grater. You do not need to peel or seed the cucumber first. Just grate it.
- Squeeze Moisture. Place grated cucumber in a colander and press out the excess moisture. You can also do handfuls at a time.
- Mix the Sauce. In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together, including the grated cucumber. Taste and adjust the salt, lemon juice, and dill. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve. Serve immediately or store in the fridge. Before serving, I like to give a drizzle of olive oil.
Leftovers: Tzatziki Sauce can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Tzatziki Sauce, Yogurt Cucumber Sauce, Gyro Sauce, Greek Tzatziki Sauce