Oven Bacon is quick, easy, and no mess. Cooking bacon in the oven will be your new favorite technique! Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #ovenbacon #bakedbacon #breakfast #brunch #breakfastrecipes #baconrecipe
- 1 lb bacon (your favorite variety!)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line one or two sheets pans with aluminum foil. This makes cleanup SO easy.
- Lay out the bacon on the sheet pan. The bacon will shrink up as it cooks. So don’t overlap the bacon, but you can place it close together.
- Bake bacon in the middle rack for 18-22 minutes. Remove bacon when it reaches your desired crispiness!
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel to remove extra grease.
Want chewy bacon? Just cook for a little less time!
What about using a rack? I’ve seen some recipes call for baking the bacon on a rack-lined baking sheet. This is not my preferred method – I find the bacon comes out being very chewy and soft. This is because as the bacon cooks the fat drains off so you’re not really ‘frying’ the bacon in its fat like you do on a foil-lined sheet.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American