nstant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings are easy, delicious, crowd friendly, and perfect for game day. These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of pantry staple spices. Then brush with your favorite barbecue, broil, and enjoy!
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings, split into flats and drumettes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Dry Wings. Dry your wings and add to a medium bowl.
- Toss with Spices. Toss the dried wings with the spices until evenly coated.
- Pressure Cook. Add the water to the Instant Pot liner then add the trivet. Add the seasoned wings on top of the trivet so they aren’t touching the water. The wings can be piled on top of each other. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Naturally Release the pressure for 10 minutes, then Quick Release the remaining pressure.
- Broil with BBQ Sauce. Preheat your oven’s broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Toss the completed wings with the barbecue sauce or use a brush to coat the wings and add to prepared baking sheet. Broil for 2-4 minutes until the edges are dark brown and starting to get a little crispy and bubbly. Watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Enjoy! Serve the wings with extra barbecue sauce or other dipping sauce.
Amount of Wings – Depending on the size of your Instant Pot, you can cook more wings. I have an 8qt Instant Pot and often double the recipe to make 4 pounds. The cook time will remain the same.
- Category: Instant Pot, Sides
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Wings, Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings, BBQ Chicken Wing Recipe