Creamy sauce from the cream cheese and great flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. This is a perfect filling, comforting Instant Pot meal that can be on your table in 30 minutes.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts. Cut into bite size cubes)
- 1 pound farfalle pasta (can substitute penne or rigatoni pasta)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cup Milk (I used nonfat, but 1% or 2% would work)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (if using salted butter, use less salt)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes (drained of oil)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the liner of your instant pot, add the cubed chicken breasts, pasta, and chicken broth. Close the lid, set the valve to Seal. Press Manual Pressure, adjust to High Pressure, and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
- When the instant pot has finished cooking, it will beep and the timer will start counting up. Let sit and Natural Release for 5 minutes. Move the valve to Release to Quick Release the pressure. If liquid starts to spurt out of the valve, move the vale back to Seal and let Natural Release for a few minutes more before trying to Quick Release again.
- When the pressure is released the pin will drop. Remove the lid, be careful of the steam. Press Saute. Stir in the cream cheese, milk, and butter. Stir until the cream cheese has melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. The spinach will wilt and the Parmesan will melt into the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂 Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I use an 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian