This pasta is a real winner. Super easy to come together. The pasta and chicken cook together in the Instant Pot (in chicken broth to really amp up the flavor), then all you need to do is stir in the remaining ingredients. Just one pot to clean and on the table in no time. It is comforting, filling, and a total crowdpleaser. The creaminess is thanks to the cream cheese we stir in, but it gets flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes. Oh and there’s spinach in it, so yay for some greens with our carbs and dairy.
It is SO quick! When I first started making Instant Pot recipes, I felt a little duped that the total cook time was longer than stated because you have to let the pot come to pressure and release the pressure. BUT even when you take that time into account, this pasta can still be on your table in 30 minutes.
Creamy sauce from the cream cheese and great flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. This is a perfect filling, comforting Instant Pot meal that can be on your table in 30 minutes.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts. Cut into bite size cubes)
- 1 pound farfalle pasta (can substitute penne or rigatoni pasta)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cup Milk (I used nonfat, but 1% or 2% would work)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (if using salted butter, use less salt)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes (drained of oil)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the liner of your instant pot, add the cubed chicken breasts, pasta, and chicken broth. Close the lid, set the valve to Seal. Press Manual Pressure, adjust to High Pressure, and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
- When the instant pot has finished cooking, it will beep and the timer will start counting up. Let sit and Natural Release for 5 minutes. Move the valve to Release to Quick Release the pressure. If liquid starts to spurt out of the valve, move the vale back to Seal and let Natural Release for a few minutes more before trying to Quick Release again.
- When the pressure is released the pin will drop. Remove the lid, be careful of the steam. Press Saute. Stir in the cream cheese, milk, and butter. Stir until the cream cheese has melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. The spinach will wilt and the Parmesan will melt into the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂 Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I use an 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian